Social Media is a double-edged sword; on one hand, it can be an INCREDIBLY powerful tool for growing your business and brand. On the other hand, it can be a slippery slope to burnout and imposter syndrome.
How much to share (and how often) on my social media profile is something I myself struggle with, which is why a couple years ago I started following Social Media Manager Shanté Gorman, founder of Sugarpunch Marketing Agency.
Beyond her expertise in helping entrepreneurs work smarter, not harder on social, I’m incredibly inspired by Shanté’s personal story of how she built her business as a pregnant single mom.
This conversation pulls back the curtain on:
- How to grow on social without burning out (hint: build a COMMUNITY, not a following)
- How to be both a brand AND a human on our social profiles
- What are the MOST valuable places and times to show up on social
- Using social as a research tool to find mentors and clients
- Tips for staying consistent & finding your ideal rhythm
- Setting healthy boundaries around social (& screen time in general)
- How to tell if you’re ready to hire a social media manager (and what questions to ask if you’re ready to start interviewing people)
Social media is a long game…it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Spread your posts out over time and remember, many “big name” profiles have social media managers for whom this is a full time job.
Don’t overthink it: The basics are what your audience is looking for!